Sunday, September 26, 2010

The couples my friend

The couples my friend and I saw at the park that summer were enviable but not because they seemed so in lovemthey were enviable because the husbands played with the kids for 20 minutes so their wives could eat lunch. In practice, my married friends with kids donrt spend that much time with their husbands anyway (between work and child care), and in many cases, their biggest complaint seems to be that they never see each other. So if you rarely see your husbandmbut hers a decent guy who takes out the trash and sets up the baby gear, and he provides a second income that allows you to spend time with your child instead of working 60 hours a week to support a family on your ownmhow much does it matter whether the guy you marry is The One?
Itrs not that Irve become jaded to the point that I donrt believe in, or even crave, romantic connection. Itrs that my understanding of it has changed. In my formative years, romance was John...

No comments:

Post a Comment